Monday, August 19, 2013

The 'Natural Looking Make up' using Maybelline products.

One of my favourite brands is Maybelline because I find that most of their products are 'skin-friendly'. What I mean by this, is that rarely have I broken out from using their foundations, concealers etc. Plus, their packaging is so cute and colourful! I would say Maybelline is one of the drugstore brands targeted at more youthful girls (aged 18-25), rather than Revlon and Loreal who focus above this age range. 

My Maybelline 'Natural Looking Make-up Look'.

No make-up and sad/stoned face :3
Problem areas: 
1. Dark circles under my eyes.
2. Redness on the side of my nose.
3. Scarring from pimples above and below my lips.
4. Straight/uncurled eyelashes.

'Natural Make-up' + Smile = A much better look

Step by Step Tutorial: After my facial routine (available for another post!)

1. Firstly you MUST moisturise before putting on any makeup - it just protects your skin from potentially harmful chemicals in your foundations, bb creams. (I use Sukin Daily Moisturiser which is alcohol and paraben free!)
2. An important step after this is using an eye cream, either one that helps with dark circles, or one that hydrates the under-eye area. I use the Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Anti-Shadow Eye Cream. This will provide a protective layer where you can put your concealer on.
3. Next step is the concealer! At the moment I'm using Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer/Brightener. Conceal any blemishes, scarring or redness with a brush or using your ring finger to dab and blend. It is important to be very gentle on your skin, especially the under eye area!
3. Next step, I dolloped (hehe what a funny word) half of a 5c coin blob of (New) Maybelline Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB cream, and get my E.L.F. stippling brush to blend it onto my skin in a circular motion. Usually I start off with my right cheek (I don't know why) and then go in a clockwise direction onto my forehead, left cheek, chin, and around my nose. 
4. After I am happy with the way it blended, I go onto my eyes. I am currently using the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. For all you asian girls out there (this is not discriminatory but just genetic I guess), our faces are quite flat and our eye sockets don't stick out as much. The Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is much flatter, and captures all your eyelashes and thus they are curled fantastically.
5. Now onto my mascara routine. Recently I bought the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye Volume Express Mascara and must I say it really does give me a cat eye look! Using my favourite mascara of all time, Maybelline's Full 'n Soft Waterproof, I coat one layer of my curled lashes. This gives it volume and length but no real curled effect. Straight after this coat, I layer a coat of my Colossal Volume Express, and ta da! Eyelashes that only asians can dream of.
6. To finish off this look, I just smacker on my Baby Lips in the berry flavour (pink & blue) , which moisturises and has SPF 15. Done!

A long explanation, but I'm not ready to do video blogs yet! My voice sounds too weird. But that's essentially my natural make up routine when I'm bothered to put on make up before my 9am class at Uni.

List of products, price and where you can get them in Australia.

E.L.F. Studio Stippling Brush - R.R.P. $6.00 @ www.elfcosmetics.com.au
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer - R.R.P. $18.95 @ www.priceline.com.au (and in stores).
Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye Volume Express Waterproof Mascara - R.R.P. $19.25 @ www.priceline.com.au (and in stores).
Maybelline Full 'n Soft Waterproof Mascara - R.R.P. $18.45 @ www.priceline.com.au (and in stores).
Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Anti-Shadow Eye Cream - R.R.P. $14.25 @ www. priceline.com.au (and in stores).
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - R.R.P. $39.95 @ www.davidjones.com.au (and in stores).
Sukin Daily Moisturiser - R.R.P. $9.99 @ www.priceline.com.au (and in stores).

Hope that was informative! Bye beauties :D

Toodles,

Janie.

No comments:

Post a Comment