As you've all been anticipating, I will be showing you my favourites from the last month. Some are old and some are new, but all of them are amazing in what they do (hehe, a bit of rhyming for you).
Chanel Correcteur Perfection Liquid Concealer in Beige Clair (10)
Why I love this:
- I've been trying to find a concealer that hides my dark circles and is long lasting. My dark circles are pretty bad to the point where some days I look like I got punched in the face (LOL)
- Drugstore products from Maybelline are okay, but they don't last long nor do they really colour correct
- This product has a yellow undertone which is the best for covering dark circles. I love the creamy texture of this concealer, the consistency is not too thin or too thick. It blends in beautifully using the Real Techniques Setting Brush.
- Even though it's not as long lasting as I hoped it'd be, the fact that it can even cover my dark circles is already amazing. It feels great under my foundation and does not have creases under the eye whatsoever
- Pricing wise, this is probably not the cheapest product you'll buy, but I highly recommend this of those who have dark circles and are sick of the lack of blendability of drugstore products.
- Also, the product is 7.5ml which means it lasts for more than a year.
NYX Butter glosses (Creme Brûlée, sounds delicious!)
Why I love this:
- This is a pink-nude opaque gloss that is good for everyday use. I have been looking everywhere for a nice pink-nude that didn't wash out. Being Asian by skin is quite yellow yet my lips are a pinkish colour and when I wear normal nudes, I just look like I don't have any lips at all! Or I look very sick.
- As you may know I love, love, love the butter gloss in Meringue which is a cute barbie pink that is opaque so it doesn't look too over the top.
- Overall, the texture of these glosses is awesome! It is not sticky at all and the formula is not too thick on the lips either. As it is a gloss, the product is not very long lasting, especially if you go out for dinner so you'll need to keep reapplying.
- The applicator is like any other, and very easy to use on the lips. Some of you might not like the cotton candy-like smell of the gloss but I love it!
- It is awesome to match this nude gloss with a smokey eye for a less extravagant event
Real Techniques Setting Brush (ah-maz-ing)
Why I love this:
- The setting brush is one of the newer products that i've just purchased. At priceline at the moment they are on special, 20% off!
- I've got a few real techniques brushes that I bought in the 'expert face' set, and I love how they're all so versatile for use with blush, bronzer, powder and liquid foundation.
- Recently, I've been in need of a smaller brush especially for the application of concealer. The small, flat foundation brush of real techniques was quite good but it was too stick to blend the concealer in under the eye. And it kept poking me in the eye which was not pleasant at all!
- Reading other makeup blogs, people have raved on about this small setting brush which is a multi-tasker.
- So far, I have used this brush to blend my Chanel Concealer and I am in love! It just blends the product in flawlessly, just like the expert face brush by Real Techniques for my foundation.
- Also I've used this brush to blend in my Benefit Watts up highlighter under my eyebrows and nose bridge. It blends really well and can get into the tighter places.
- This really is a multi-tasker!
Sukin Sensitive Moisturiser
Why I love this:
- Sorry for the blurry picture, but my camera just wouldn't focus! Anyways, lots of people have asked me how I keep my skin so clear and whether I have a skincare routine.
- Honestly, I have normal/combination skin which doesn't really break out or get very dry. I am one of the luckier ones, but I know many out there who are struggling to manage their breakouts and what not.
- However, this is not to say that I don't take care of my skin either - especially if I want to keep it youthful for when I'm older. Moisturiser is a key player in keeping your skin hydrated throughout the day, as well as helping to keep your skin firm rather than saggy.
- I use Sukin's Facial Moisturiser in sensitive, for those days where I have quite dry skin in winter. This product is affordable and doesn't contain chemicals that you see in other products. This product is paraben free which means that it is free of preservatives that may be harmful to our skin especially if it builds up day after day.
- The product has a very light scent that doesn't bother me at all, and the consistency is easy to blend out into your skin - you can leave the house without a thick layer of white on your skin!
- Out of all the moisturisers I've used, this actually keeps my skin smooth throughout the day and feels so light. It's formula is also good for a primer since it is a bit thick but very blend able into the skin.
Maybelline's Colossal Volume Express Cat Eye
Why I love this:
- I bought this mascara because it supposedly gives a 'cat eye' look, especially winging out on the outer corners of the eye. Being very devoted to my full 'n soft Maybelline mascara, I only used this product after my application of my holy grail mascara.
- Recently my Full 'N Soft mascara has become very dry and flaky. I'm a bit skeptical that the r.r.p. of the product at priceline has gone down from $18 to $14. I'm sad to say, but I think that the formula has changed to obviously something cheaper that dries out much quicker.
- One night while I was testing out some makeup, I used this as the first layer to my mascara and it was really amazing! The formula is quite thin like the Full 'N Soft so it doesn't clump up and very build able. The brush is quite stiff, unlike Full 'N Soft so it can catch onto almost every lash with just one swipe. Also, since it is a curling mascara it holds the curls very well and doesn't feel heavy on the lashes.
- This very curved brush allows you to apply it on the outer corners of your eyelashes very easily so those smaller lashes also gets some mascara.
- Like the Full 'N Soft it is also very volumisinig but gives more of a dramatic look than the everyday look of FNS. Overall, I am really loving this as an alternative to my holy grail! I hope they change the formula back because I am sad now!
Revlon's Colorburst Lipgloss in 012 Orchid
Why I love this:
- Unlike the NYX butter glosses, Revlon's Colorburst Lipgloss has a more shimmery finish on the lips.
- Both products have similar textures, where they are not very sticky and feel very light. This colour is one of my favourites because it is a very light purply pink which is flattering on more asian skin tones.
- The applicator is flatter than the NYX butter gloss which means the product is applied more evenly but also it is a bit more messy because it isn't as precise on the lipline. This doesn't really phase me because I love the product!
- The gloss is actually more visible than the butter gloss which is more opaque, meaning you have to apply more. This product reminds me of the colorburst butter lipsticks in the Revlon line as well, but in a bottled gloss form which can be more convenient if you don't want to look too over the top with makeup. Especially on those uni days where you are dressed more casually.
- Overall, I like this product mainly because of the colour and that the gloss has no artificial or alcoholic smell which I know is very off-putting for some people. I definitely recommend this gloss and the butter glosses when you want to be more subtle with your makeup look and don't want to have to go through the routine of applying lipstick.
Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Cognito (820) - Shine formula
Why I love this:
- As you can see, I'm having an obsessions with cute, light pinks and pink nudes! Since I don't want to be mainly using glosses everyday because they are inconvenient because you have to reapply, I did need a nude pink lipstick.
- Like I've mentioned before, the true nude colours just wash me out so badly and they try to cover up my pink lips which just makes it look even worse!
- When I was in Singapore, where Revlon's products are literally half the price in Australia I picked up this baby. It is in the Shine category of super lustrous lipsticks, and even though it is quite shiny, the product more so shows colour onto your lips. I personally don't like shine or shimmer but like the colorburst lip glosses too, Revlon balances out colour and shine perfectly.
- This product is quite opaque and you do need to apply layer after layer for the colour to show, but since the colour is so nice how can I resist! This is honestly just a back up for me, for when my true love of a nude pink in lipstick form comes, but i'm not minding this cheaper option at all!
- With my recent purchase of the NYX butter gloss in Creme Brûlée, I've used these two as a pink-nude combo and they compliment each other perfectly. I would highly recommend buying these two together.
Maybelline's Superstay Lipliner (040 Red)
Why I love this:
- Last but not least! My new favourite red which I've given a preview on Facebook and Instagram. As you wish I will be reviewing this new red which I am absolutely in love with.
- At first I didn't think much of this product, especially since it's new and Maybelline don't have the best lip products. I bought this on a whim because Revlon's Colorstay Lipliner was just too darn expensive.
- Unlike the Rose Nude version of this lipliner like I've written about in my previous post (New products), this lipliner is actually creamy and is very pigmented and vibrant. The nude one is just too chalky and hard to actually show up colour on my lips.
- As I was doing my makeup for a wedding, I applied this lipliner on the outer line of my lips. I didn't realise how creamy this product really was, so I inside my lipline as well. The colour turned out so nicely and it was more of a sultry red than my usually orangey-reds. Since this product is also 24 hr, it is very long lasting and it is not sticky and doesn't go on your teeth like all the other red lipsticks!
- I highly recommend this product because it is so vibrant, long lasting and also isn't drying on the lips at all. Especially since it's in the form of a mechanical pen, it is also very precise so you won't have to wipe off all the ugly red smudges that ruin your whole makeup! (it has happened to me many times).
- There isn't a lot of the product for everyday use of this product so you should probably wait for it to go on sale again to stock up!
Also a hint for using your old things for makeup storage. Last time you will remember I used my old document organiser to store my makeup and this time I bring you the Nude by Nature brushes stand!
Funnily this cylindrical container that came with my Nude Kabuki Brush and Illuminator fits all of my brushes so snuggly. Today I was going to go out and buy a brush holder but luckily I found use in this baby. To save money on the not so basic essentials but people say are essential, try to find things that you already have at home! Things such as document organisers, pencil holders, old pencil cases, your mum's old handbags or clutches are all great in storing your brushes and makeup for home use or for on the go. Don't waste your money when you might have what you're looking for right at home.
Prices and Locations
- Chanel's Correcteur Perfection Liquid Concealer in Beige Clair (10) - Available at Myer, myer.com.au (Prices may vary)
- Maybelline's Colossal Volume Express Cat Eye - Available at Priceine, priceline.com.au ($19.95) - offers: 15% off entire range
- Maybelline's Super Stay 24 hour Lipliner in Red (040) - Available at Priceine, priceline.com.au ($19.95) - offers: 15% off entire range
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée - Available at Target, target.com.au ($9.95)
- Real Techniques Setting Brush - Available at Priceine, priceline.com.au ($14.99) - offers: 20% off entire range
- Revlon's Colorburst Lipgloss in Orchid (012) - Available at Priceine, priceline.com.au ($21.95) - offers: Buy 1 get 1 free off entire lip range
- Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Cognito (820) - Available at Priceine, priceline.com.au ($21.95) - offers: Buy 1 get 1 free off entire lip range
- Sukin's Facial Moisturiser (Sensitive) - Available at Priceine, priceline.com.au ($9.95)
Have a great week ahead and share some thoughts about your recent purchases, or recommendations in the comment box below!